Meta House offers three unique treatment settings to provide a continuum of care that meets the needs of women at distinct times in their journeys through the recovery process.
The residential setting is our most intensive program. Here, we offer personalized, comprehensive addiction treatment to 43 women at a time. The program includes three licensed Community Based Residential Facilities (CBRF), two on our main campus and one in the neighboring suburb of Shorewood. We are uniquely equipped to help the whole family heal by allowing women to bring their children along with them, who can also access services from our multi-disciplinary Child & Family team.
Our outpatient treatment program meets clients where they are in recovery, meaning services are tailored to help each woman achieve her personal goals. Services include 1 on 1 and group therapy, peer support, education and vocational services, health education, nutrition, parenting and relapse prevention. Child care is available on-site.
Meta House Recovery Community
We offer a safe, family-friendly recovery community for women who are in need of a supportive and affordable place to live and are ready for independent living.
Eligibility requirements for admission to the Meta House Recovery Community include:
1. Has obtained Bridge Housing funding or is able to self-pay
2. Identify as female
3. At least 18 years of age
4. No sex offenders
5. Has received a Substance Use Disorder diagnosis within the past year
6. Has 45 consecutive days of documented substance-free time. “Substance-free time” is defined as time with no use of alcohol, marijuana, or any illegal substance and no illicit use of prescribed or over-the-counter medications.
Documentation accepted: UA screens or letter of reference from professional or community support person
Please note: If after the 45 days of substance-free time there is a lapse must be substance-free the 14 days
7. Willing to engage in meaningful activities totaling 20 hours a week (see rules)
8. Willing to engage in Substance Use Out Patient/Day Treatment services at the assessed level of care
9. Willing to engage in Child and Family services including Individual Parenting weekly and any other services as needed as determined through assessment (1st St)
10. Willing to develop a support system outside of the program
11. Willing to not smoke on Meta House campus (subject to discharge from program – see rules)
NOTE: Campus is defined as the city block that surrounds the housing facilities
12. Willing to follow all rules and procedures (see rules)
13. Must do an in-person interview if coming from a program outside of Meta House