Child and Family Services
The philosophy at Meta House serves the goal of supporting children, teaching parenting, rebuilding and strengthening families, and breaking the cycle of intergenerational substance abuse. Meta House gives priority to pregnant, postpartum and parenting women. Although Meta House coordinates child and family care with other agencies, Meta House is one of the only treatment centers in the state that allows children to live with their mothers in the residential treatment and housing programs and to receive intervention services. Child care is provided.
- Skill Building Classes: Parenting education and coaching, and child development classes; Nutrition, living and health skills training; Social skill-building and cultural development; Substance abuse prevention and awareness classes for families and children.
- Nurturing Care Program focuses on teaching parents to be sensitive and aware of children’s emotional needs and works with the family history and trauma.
- In-home visits and individual sessions.
- Baby Health: Birth to 10 developmental screenings and pre-natal and post-natal care coordination.
- Mother, Child and Family Interactions: includes family activities and outings and reunification services.
“Mom and Me”- facilitated interaction between parent and child.
Filial Therapy“- teaches parents to practice child-centered play therapy techniques with the goal of strengthening relationships.
“Celebrating Families” - a sixteen week, evidence-based program guided by a caring, multidisciplinary team, designed to guide entire families through the healing process.