Meta House offers three unique treatment settings to provide a continuum of care that meets the needs of women at distinct times in their journeys through the recovery process.
Meta House is broadly-recognized as a facility uniquely equipped to help mothers in recovery and their children. Meta House provides 24/7 care and can house up to 35 women and 15 children. Children can stay with their mothers at this treatment setting and can also receive direct services, including play therapy and academic assistance.
If a woman doesn’t need the 24-hour structure of the Residential Treatment Program, the Outpatient Treatment Program is available. Our outpatient programs serve clients through a person centered treatment model. Services include counseling, life skills, education and vocational services, health education, nutrition, parenting, mental health and relapse prevention. Child care is also available on-site.
Meta House Recovery Community
We offer a safe, family-friendly recovery community for women who are in need of a supportive and affordable place to live and are ready for independent living.
Eligibility requirements for admission to the Meta House Recovery Community include:
1) identifies as a woman;
2) is at least 18 years of age;
3) is not a sex offender;
4) has received a Substance Use Disorder diagnosis within the past year;
5) has obtained Bridge Housing funding;
6) has 45 consecutive days of documented (accepted documentation includes UA screens, letter of reference from professional or community support person) substance-free time (defined as time with no use of alcohol, marijuana or any illegal substance and no illicit use of prescribed or over-the-counter medications). If a lapse occurred after 45 days, individual must have 14 days consecutive substance-free time.
7) is willing to engage in meaningful activities totaling 20 hours each week (contact staff for more information)
8) is willing to develop a support system outside of the program
9) is willing to refrain from smoking on Meta House campus (subject to discharge from the program)
10) is willing to follow all rules and procedures (contact staff for more information)
11) participates in an in-person interview if coming from a program outside of Meta House